Hiring pause remains in effect, with a few exceptions
The hiring pause introduced at the end of March remains in effect for the foreseeable future, although exceptions may be requested for positions that are critical to:
- Campus and personal health and safety
- Compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations
- Delivery of essential university services
- Courses necessary for timely graduation
- Critical advancement of the university mission
The Hiring Pause Exception Form is still is required for non-academic OPS positions, but is no longer needed for academic OPS, including graduate assistants, students assistants and adjunct faculty. For more information, please visit the UFHR website.